Ideas for IELTS Speaking Cue Cards
Posted on February 10, 2016 7:35 am by Leave your thoughts
Asked on 6th, 7th and 8th Feb 2016
Describe the time when you admired the sky
- Looking towards the sky is always refreshing for all. I also enjoy watching towards floating clouds and twinkling stars.
- I don’t get ample free time to sit idle and enjoy the beautiful sky often but whenever I get a chance, I don’t miss it.
- A couple of days ago there was power failure in our area and there was no electricity supply for the entire day and even at night it was not restored.
- We were left with no back up electric resource as we used our inverter during the day for running fans.
- It was a hot and humid night and in the absence of power supply it was not possible to sleep inside the bedroom.
- My mother suggested sleeping on the terrace and we all siblings welcomed her suggestion.
- It was like an adventure for us and we helped her to arrange bedding there.
- We took mattresses from the store room and made beds on the floor.
- A gentle breeze started blowing and we all heaved a sigh of relief.
- My younger cousins were excited and we asked many questions about stars and constellations.
- My grandmother told us interesting mythological stories about stars also.
- We started figuring out shapes of stars and enjoyed a lot.
- I was awestruck with the divine beauty and felt like a part of the infinite.
Describe an important car journey you had.
- Travelling via car, for long distances, is not comfortable for many. But i prefer to use my car for short as well as long journey as it is very handy.
- Last month, my friends and i had to appear in an exam and that test was scheduled in another city which is around 80 kilometres away from our hometown.
- We planned to go through public transport. Initially we thought about going by train but finally decided to use bus.
- We reached at the bus stop on time and kept on waiting for half an hour but the bus we had to board on didn’t come.
- Someone told us that the road was blocked by the miscreants and there was no chance of another bus for next 2 hours.
- We all were shocked as that test was extremely important for us. We couldn’t take a chance to miss that.
- We rushed back to my home immediately and decided to go by car.
- We were running short of time and all were in a panic.
- I drove the car on the speed of 120 to reach in time at the test venue.
- As the road was potholed, we had very uncomfortable journey but reaching on time was extremely important for us.
- Eventually, we reached there when other test takers were entering into the test hall and heaved a sigh of relief.
- I still remember the stress and pressure we all felt on that day while travelling towards our destination.
- That was the most important car journey we had till now.
Talk about your goal of life./ Talk about your future plan
- Setting a goal in life gives direction to the efforts made in achieving that target. Without any aim or future plan, life is like a rudder less boat.
- I have already set up my goal and all of my hardships are done in keeping my aim in my mind.
- Now, i have a clear path in front of me and know well that how many efforts i have to put in to reach at my destination.
- I want to become a language teacher and putting my level best to accomplish this target.
- I am doing my bachelor of education with full dedication and acquiring all the skills needed to become a perfect teacher.
- I work on different techniques and strategies during my teaching practice sessions to ascertain the most effective way of teaching students of all levels in one classroom setup.
- I have planned to pass this course with flying colours.
- After completion of my course, I will look for suitable job in my field.
- I have already dropped my resume in some schools on the basis of my masters’ degree and looking forward to finish my studies in a couple of months.
- I am quite sure that i will be able to secure a position for myself in some reputed institution.
This post was written by Mind Maker