Ideas for IELTS Speaking Cue Cards
Posted on March 18, 2016 5:21 pm by Leave your thoughts
Describe a situation when you helped any needy person.
- Who was that person?
- Which type of help you did?
- What were your feelings after that situation?
- We, human beings live in a cultured society, where extending help to one another is the rule of thumb for existence.
- People generally help those who are known to them. However, I feel that we must be ready to support others, in need.
- Last month, when I was coming back from Delhi via train, I got a chance to help someone in need.
- I was reluctant initially to talk to an unknown co passenger but I felt pity for that aged lady, who was struggling hard to get some room to sit.
- It was the night time and she boarded the train from New Delhi railway station. The train compartment in which I had my reservation was full to its capacity. There was no vacant seat.
- I could see her standing near the door with her luggage. The train left its station and got its speed. All the doors were closed and all went to sleep.
- I approached her and asked the reason of standing there. She told me that due to an emergency at her home she had to make her plans in hurry so she couldn’t arrange a booked seat for herself. She was going to Pathankot.
- I requested her to share my seat. She denied but after my insistence agreed. I offered her some food also. She was moved with my gestures and was in thanks. We exchanged our contact numbers also.
- My destination was Ludhiana. I boarded off the train there and requested other passengers to help her in any need.
- I received the call from the same lady next evening. She thanked me for making her journey comfortable.
- I felt contended after knowing that no passenger came afterwards on my seat and she kept on sitting there till reaching at her destination.
- I was happy at heart after helping someone in need.
This post was written by Mind Maker